upgrading my Acer Aspire 4738z ram

Options
fiants42
fiants42 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 2021 in Aspire Laptops
hello, i have an acer aspire 4738Z with Intel Pentium P6200. i want to upgrade my ram 2 gb to bigger size. can you guys tell me whats the ram specification that suitable with my laptop. 
i also want to know can i instaled 2 different size ram in my laptop and working properly? ex: 2 gb and 4 gb. i want to upgrading my ram laptop without replacing the old one.

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,051 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hello,
    You can install e.g. 2GB+4GB
    You'll find a white sticker on the original memory stick. There is a string of characters under the barcode. Could you give me the first ten?
    France
  • fiants42
    fiants42 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    unfortunetly the original one got replaced when it getting repaired long time ago so i cant show it now. anyway,thanks for the answer.
  • Fiants
    Fiants Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Hey its me fiants with other account,i encounter a problem when installing the ram. I've bought the ram with your refference and the laptop doesnt want to boot into windows when i install it. The new ram is V-Gen 4GB DDR3 PC 10600 1333 Mhz. Is there any solution?
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,051 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hello,
    Intel Pentium P6200 supports memory modules at 800 or 1066MHz. May be the new ram doesn't work at 1066MHz.
    France
  • Hiteshyt
    Hiteshyt Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    hello, I have an Acer aspire 4738Z with Intel Pentium P6200. I want to upgrade my ram 2 GB to a bigger size. can you guys tell me whats the ram specification that suitable with my laptop? I also want to know can I installed 2 different size ram in my laptop and work properly? ex: 2 GB and 4 GB. I want to upgrade my ram laptop without replacing the old one. I Want know services center in Gujarat India 
  • Callistemon
    Callistemon Member Posts: 106 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hiteshyt said:
    hello, I have an Acer aspire 4738Z with Intel Pentium P6200. I want to upgrade my ram 2 GB to a bigger size. can you guys tell me whats the ram specification that suitable with my laptop? I also want to know can I installed 2 different size ram in my laptop and work properly? ex: 2 GB and 4 GB. I want to upgrade my ram laptop without replacing the old one. I Want know services center in Gujarat India 
    It can be upgraded to a maximum total capacity of 8 GB with no more than 4 GB per slot. Adding a 4 GB to the existing 2 GB is acceptable and would provide 6 GB. This model accepts 2 sticks of 204-pin DDR3-1066 SODIMM memory at 1.5V.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hiteshyt said:

First of all the old Aspire 4738Z laptop are obsolete in their OEM specs, for the Aspire 4738Z to run efficiently and with any merit with either Win-8 and/or 10 it needs to be upgraded (but even with an upgrade its still a pretty low spec laptop and don't expect miracles) this is a simple fact and just updating the RAM is not enough or going to do anything except if you only run Win-7 on it but and even then, its OEM old spinner HDD is slow and obsolete and could be damaged or on its way out, slowing this laptop to a snail pace. I’ve upgraded these older laptops many times and have the experience to advise you that upgrading the RAM will do nothing as you have to upgrade the BIOS to the last update of the 1.16 dated 2011/07/11 and then the HDD to an SSD, the CPU and RAM but, is all this worth the costs and effort? If it is, my suggestion is to do the following::

1. Upgrade the OEM CPU from its Arrandale Socket G1/rPGA988A P6200 to the top of the range i7-640M or the i7-620M which both of the CPU's are much faster and will give you better performance for an upgrade combination e.g. the i7-640M has 2 cores, 4 threads, 2.8 GHz to 3.467 GHz turbo, 512KB L2 cache and 4MB L3 cache, 35W TPD which is not fiery performance but its much better than the P6200.

3. Upgrade the spinner HDD that is a SATA-2 and runs at max SATA 3GB/s to the new type SSD's but and remember that the new SSD's are all 6GB/sec and you will never utilise the full read/write speeds of these new SSD's.

4. Upgrade the RAM to the max 8GB at DDR3-1066MHz or the DDR3-1333MHz at 1.5V +/- 0.075V (not 1.2V as it will notwork) and the 989-pin Micro-FCPGA of the specs of the OEM RAM below, which is at 2x 4GB modules into its 2x slots. Both 2x memory modules have to be polulated with equal capacity memory e.g. slot#1 with 4GB and slot#2 with 4GB modules max, you can't mix different capacity modules in its slots 1 & 2.  Below are the OEM Acer recommended memory modules that you should fit so fit only these spec memory do not fit other memory: