Can I upgrade to a touch screen?

Options
Bringlife22
Bringlife22 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello I have recently purchased an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53. I have recently been interested in upgrading my screen because it was stepped on and cracked. So I was curious if while i was having it repaired if I could also have it upgraded to a touch screen.

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Bringlife22,

The laptop model AN515-53 and video interface is built with Slim, eDP, FHD, IPS type panels. These panels cannot be replaced to touchscreen as motherboard & screen could not recognize touch gestures. 

However, click here to view an article about a device which can be used to make non touch laptop as touchscreen laptop. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Bringlife22,

The laptop model AN515-53 and video interface is built with Slim, eDP, FHD, IPS type panels. These panels cannot be replaced to touchscreen as motherboard & screen could not recognize touch gestures. 

However, click here to view an article about a device which can be used to make non touch laptop as touchscreen laptop. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)