Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Why is the Bluelight Shield turning off automatically ?helios 300 (PH315-51)

OreoPieeOreoPiee Posts: 1Member Newbie
edited February 4 in Predator Laptops
Dear Acer !
I recently purchased a predator helios 300 (PH315-51) and i am so sad to see that the blue light shield keeps on turning off automatically after few intervals and  i have to turn it on always manually !
If you guys fix this issue then it would be a great help for users like me who are trying to protect their eyes from the harmful blue light emitted by those LCD screens !

FAQ & Answers

  • Jack22Jack22 Posts: 1,486ACE Pioneer
    @OreoPiee
    Acer Bluelight shield is an application that allows users to control how much blue light is used to display an image. This allows users to lower levels of blue light to lessen the negative effects of blue light exposure. You can adjust Acer Bluelight Shield settings using the Acer Quick Access application.
    So i would suggest you to check the link below and enter the SNID or the serial number of your laptop and try installing it and check.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • XdxDXdxD Posts: 183Member Skilled Fixer
    Well, even previous laptop models have the same issue. Only solution is to install Intel's Generic Graphics driver.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • sri369sri369 Posts: 1,334Member Mainframe Wrangler
    OreoPiee said:
    Dear Acer !
    I recently purchased a predator helios 300 (PH315-51) and i am so sad to see that the blue light shield keeps on turning off automatically after few intervals and  i have to turn it on always manually !
    If you guys fix this issue then it would be a great help for users like me who are trying to protect their eyes from the harmful blue light emitted by those LCD screens !
    If you are on windows 10, you could try using the night mode on it to help with reduced blue light emission.
  • XdxDXdxD Posts: 183Member Skilled Fixer
    sri369 said:
    OreoPiee said:
    Dear Acer !
    I recently purchased a predator helios 300 (PH315-51) and i am so sad to see that the blue light shield keeps on turning off automatically after few intervals and  i have to turn it on always manually !
    If you guys fix this issue then it would be a great help for users like me who are trying to protect their eyes from the harmful blue light emitted by those LCD screens !
    If you are on windows 10, you could try using the night mode on it to help with reduced blue light emission.
    I find Acer's Bluelight shield to be better than Windows' night mode.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • XdxDXdxD Posts: 183Member Skilled Fixer
    Jack22 said:
    @OreoPiee
    Acer Bluelight shield is an application that allows users to control how much blue light is used to display an image. This allows users to lower levels of blue light to lessen the negative effects of blue light exposure. You can adjust Acer Bluelight Shield settings using the Acer Quick Access application.
    So i would suggest you to check the link below and enter the SNID or the serial number of your laptop and try installing it and check.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    That's what he is using and complaining about.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Red-SandRed-Sand Posts: 1,703ACE Pathfinder
    Well the blueshield is just a set level of the blue light reduction.. I can easily adjust Windows night light to be just about the same as blue shield and also have it scheduled to adjust with the time.

    It could be that the Windows night light settings are conflicting with blueshield.
    I do believe quick access had this feature before Windows added theirs in (1709?)
    - Hotel Hero
  • XdxDXdxD Posts: 183Member Skilled Fixer
    Red-Sand said:
    Well the blueshield is just a set level of the blue light reduction.. I can easily adjust Windows night light to be just about the same as blue shield and also have it scheduled to adjust with the time.

    It could be that the Windows night light settings are conflicting with blueshield.
    I do believe quick access had this feature before Windows added theirs in (1709?)
    It used to work flawlessly in 1709 and if Night Sight was added in that, then there's no conflict between them. Moreover, Latest Intel Generic Display Driver solves this problem though.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online187

Acer-Harvey
Acer-Harvey
Acer-Jose
Acer-Jose
drica
drica
ed24
ed24
egydiocoelho
egydiocoelho
GuruGG
GuruGG
Kno63
Kno63
Marcelo1996
Marcelo1996
Raven1
Raven1
Rdls
Rdls
stanzhang09
stanzhang09
ven98
ven98
Warlock
Warlock
+174 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Announcements

Acer Community is now available in French! We are delighted to announce the addition of French to the list of supported languages in order to reach more users and expand on our mission to break the barriers between people and technology. You can access the French community from the drop down language menu located next to your username on the top right corner.


Participez aux discussions !

New Here?

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Intel Extreme KAtowise 2019
Predator Join the forum discussions on our
Predator line of products.
Find out about the Acer ACE program.