Driver Updates.

XdxD
XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
It seems like with every new Windows 10 build, drivers have got updated. The drivers from Support page have been updated to 2018 versions in PC (not on support page so don't try to view it) which is a nice thing. People, don't use any Driver updating software. Let it update automatically with each Windows 10 update!
Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    The drivers provided by Acer are tested and approved.
    Therefore, it is always advisable to first update the ones provided by Acer.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited February 2019
    XdxD said:
    It seems like with every new Windows 10 build, drivers have got updated. The drivers from Support page have been updated to 2018 versions in PC (not on support page so don't try to view it) which is a nice thing. People, don't use any Driver updating software. Let it update automatically with each Windows 10 update!
    Do not recommend this! People have run into a number of issues due to these updates to drivers via windows update.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    I agree with @sri369
    The drivers Acer gives on their website work for their systems best.  The hardware is custom made by Acer so naturally the drivers they upload are the best performing.
    - Hotel Hero
  • XdxD
    sri369 said:
    XdxD said:
    Do not recommend this! People have run into a number of issues due to these updates to drivers via windows update.
    So, Driver updating applications are safe?
  • XdxD
    Red-Sand said:
    I agree with @sri369
    The drivers Acer gives on their website work for their systems best.  The hardware is custom made by Acer so naturally the drivers they upload are the best performing.
    When I checked for Intel Graphics driver, it was updated but was tuned by Acer. When I check for updates using Intel Driver and Support Assistant, it still shows that I have OEM modified driver which can't be updated to Generic driver. Maybe, others were also custom made by Acer?
  • camila89
    camila89 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Sometimes I feel the need to update my pc using good driver updater software. In such cases, I use Advanced Driver Updater software. Try it out once.

Read this blog to know more: https://wethegeek.com/best-driver-update-software/

• XdxD

No need. Just stay with whatever Intel offers through its IDSA and Windows Update, You can manually use Microsoft Catalogue as well.