Predator Helios 300 no longer connects to 5GHz WiFi

AHumanBeing
AHumanBeing Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hey all,
so basically as the title reads my helios 300 used to be able to connect to 5GHz WiFi then suddenly it just decided to stop, and every time i try to connect to the 5GHz WiFi it starts connecting then it just stops and the WiFi disappears.
Never had a problem like this before.

Using Predator Helios 300 - G3 572
BIOS: V 1.14 ( 27/12/2017) 

Answers

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Try updating to latest BIOS (1.21). I am on it and can connect to 5GHz Wi-Fi, but takes 15s to do it since while connecting, it shows no Wi-Fi adapter available but connects successfully.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • XdxD
    edited February 2019
    Also, what's your Driver version?
  • Have you tried leaving the channel on the router at 36?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • XdxD
    edited February 2019
    Have you tried leaving the channel on the router at 36?
    For me, even channel 40 works. What's special in 36 by the way?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    There are some bugs in which some wireless cards, such as qca9377 and qca61xa for example, that only connect to channel 36 in windows 10!
    https://youtu.be/xd0VOutPh5k
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • XdxD
    There are some bugs in which some wireless cards, such as qca9377 and qca61xa for example, that only connect to channel 36 in windows 10!
    Hmm, I think that's true.
  • XdxD
    edited February 2019
    I today tried connecting to my other mobile's 5GHz Wi-Fi. Look which channel it is connected to.

• XdxD
    Hey all,
    so basically as the title reads my helios 300 used to be able to connect to 5GHz WiFi then suddenly it just decided to stop, and every time i try to connect to the 5GHz WiFi it starts connecting then it just stops and the WiFi disappears.

What do you do after Wi-Fi disappears? It does same thing for me too, but I don't do anything. It connects after that disappearance but takes some time.
  • AHumanBeing
    AHumanBeing Member Posts: 2 New User
    XdxD said:
    Hey all,

What do you do after Wi-Fi disappears? It does same thing for me too, but I don't do anything. It connects after that disappearance but takes some time.
    Basically as soon as i click connect on it the internet bars go to 0 on it and it says ''connecting''.
    then after a couple of seconds it glitches out of the ''search for internet connections'' tab then goes back in and says ''failed to connect to internet'' or something along those lines.
    and after all that is over I can't find it anymore when i search for it (unless i restart my laptop)

drivers are already up to date and i've also updated my BIOS from  v 1.14 to 1.2.1 yestrday
  • XdxD
    XdxD said:
    Hey all,

Basically as soon as i click connect on it the internet bars go to 0 on it and it says ''connecting''.
    then after a couple of seconds it glitches out of the ''search for internet connections'' tab then goes back in and says ''failed to connect to internet'' or something along those lines.
    and after all that is over I can't find it anymore when i search for it (unless i restart my laptop)

drivers are already up to date and i've also updated my BIOS from  v 1.14 to 1.2.1 yestrday
    Same happens with me but after that, it connects after that PC with exclamation icon of network. Try this once: Download the Network driver from your model's support page. Then, uninstall the current Wi-Fi driver and check that box that says to delete it as well. Reboot and install the downloaded driver from Acer's website.
  • Can you tell me the model of the wireless network card? Have you tried leaving channel 36 and bandwidth in automatic?
    XdxD said:
    I today tried connecting to my other mobile's 5GHz Wi-Fi. Look which channel it is connected to.

I have already helped some users in the community with similar problems and it seems that there are some bug in windows 10, in which the cualcomm boards qca9377 only connect in channel 36! There may also be some problem with the router firmware!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• XdxD
    edited February 2019
    Can you tell me the model of the wireless network card? Have you tried leaving channel 36 and bandwidth in automatic?
    XdxD said:

I have already helped some users in the community with similar problems and it seems that there are some bug in windows 10, in which the cualcomm boards qca9377 only connect in channel 36! There may also be some problem with the router firmware!
    Model is in my picture itself : QCA61x4A. How do I select a channel and bandwidth when the hot-spot is from my mobile device? Btw, the OP here can't even connect to 5GHz Wi-Fi. His problem is not of band 36.
  • You must enter the address of the router in the browser, like this:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Hey all,

Have you tried forgetting the network data on your laptop and re-enter your password etc?

You could also be limited in the amount* of channels you have available to connect to your router (i.e. too many devices for the connection point).
    Have you contacted your ISP?
    - Hotel Hero
  • XdxD
    You must enter the address of the router in the browser, like this:

You aren't getting my point I think. I use my phone, Redmi Note 3, as hotspot device.