My acer aspire e15 makes a sound when I plug it or unplug it.

patrickfeeney
patrickfeeney Member Posts: 60 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi! Idk why my new laptop makes like a beep when I plug or unplug it. What it could be? Please help me guys and girls!

Answers

• blackjack
    blackjack Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Its normal, I think you can turn it off in BIOS
  • patrickfeeney
    Don´t find it bro.
  • patrickfeeney
    Can someone help me plss
  • patrickfeeney
    SOMEONE? guysss
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    Right click the speaker icon in the tray. Click playback devices. Click speakers. Click properties. Click levels tab. If you see a beep slider, turn it all the way down. If this beep slider is missing, then the beep cannot be turned off because it is from an automatically-controlled piezo speaker on the mainboard as a warning power has either been restored or interrupted.   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• patrickfeeney
    But it only makes the sound when the volume is on in windows. If I mute the speakers, it wont make that horrible beep. Nothing else I can do please Jack  :(
  • JackE
    Do you see a beeper slider or not in the levels tab? I don't mean the audio output slider. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• patrickfeeney
    nop, I dont see that
  • JackE
    OK. Try this. Right click the speaker icon again in the tray. Click 'sounds'. In the box that pops up choose 'device connect' . Then in the dropdown sounds box, chose 'none'. Do the same for 'device disconnect'. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• patrickfeeney
    That isnt the sound it makes. The beep it makes is horrible.
  • JackE
    I'm just using this as an example from my own machine. Scroll to the top of the 'sounds' list on your own machine and change the sound wav file to  'none'! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ