Get 'The Remote Procedure Call Failed' message when trying to Log-in Windows10 on Aspire A615-51

Mikes13
Mikes13 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I've been unable to log in and boot windows 10 since the weekend I just get an error message 'The Remote Procedure Call Failed' after entering my pin.  This happened after a windows update which took an age to complete.

I've tried all of the advanced repair options except for a full reset with file delete, none of which have worked.  It won't boot into safe mode, the only option I can access is the command prompt.

I've spent hours trying to sort this problem out - does anyone know if there's a way of resolving this issue or is it a warranty repair job?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,475 Trailblazer
    Press and hold the power button till the machine completely shuts off. Unplug the charger. On the bottom, check for a pinhole with a battery symbol. If it exists, gently push a paperclip into the hole for about 10 seconds to disconnect the battery. Let the machine rest for 15mins. Then plug the charger back in and try to start it up again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mikes13

Tinkerer

Thanks for the suggestion JackE but still no joy :/
  • JackE
    Did you find the pinhole? Some A6s don't have them. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mikes13

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Did you find the pinhole? Some A6s don't have them. Jack E/NJ
    Not at first  - it's not very obvious!
  • JackE
    >>>I've tried all of the advanced repair options except for a full reset with file delete>>> the only option I can access is the command prompt.>>>

(1) How did you get to this point? (2) Any error messages with advanced repair and does the repair complete? (3) Have you tried to enter the BIOS menu to see if the HDD has been locked in the Main tab? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mikes13

Tinkerer

(1) How did you get to this point? (2) Any error messages with advanced repair and does the repair complete? (3) Have you tried to enter the BIOS menu to see if the HDD has been locked in the Main tab? Jack E/NJ

I got to the advanced options by powering off three times and pressing the power button on the third start up.

>> Selecting the safe mode options just went back to the log in screen.

>> Set to a restore point got a message saying it was unable to restore no changes were made

>> Reset the PC for both rest and keep files and full rest came back with the same message as for restore

I've now reinstalled Windows 10 from USB but this didn't fully complete saying that an update might fix it and to connect to the internet before pressing next.  I tried this even plugging an ethernet cable to my router but after a lengthy period where it appeared to be doing something , it just kept coming back to the same message.

I've tried going back into the recovery options (3 x power button) and it goes straight into start up repair diagnosis.  On completion I now have a message; "Log File  C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\SRT\SrtTrail.txt"

• JackE
    To rule in or rule out a hardware failure, press and hold the power button till the machine completely shuts off. Then turn it back on again and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear as in the video below. I suggest that you  reset the machine to a factory fresh state though you might want to first try to refresh it without erasing all your personal files. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

• Mikes13

Tinkerer

Forgot to say, there are no references to HDD in the BIOS main tab.
  • JackE
    What about the BIOS Info tab? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ