NO BOOT DEVICE FOUND Aspire3 A315-31

ErnestRo
ErnestRo Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Please help!
I just bought this acer laptop, the model is N17Q2
the label at the top, write, Aspire3 A315-31-coke.
The main issue is, I'm trying to install a windows 10 operating system, I've power on the laptop press F2 key and enter bios then hover to security tab and set my supervisor Password then hover to boot, and disable secure boot and save the changes I've made.
But when i restart the PC it display no boot found, I've download an ISO file in flash drive  but still is not detecting anything despite making the USB bootable,
but initially it display the drive options before i take out the hard rive and format it with another acer laptop, after successfully installed i then put it back to the new acer i just purchased this is where no boot found problem started.
any help will be regarded.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Is the BIOS mode set to UEFI or Legacy? You have to make sure it set as UEFI.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
    >>>But when i restart the PC it display no boot found, I've download an ISO file in flash drive  but still is not detecting anything despite making the USB bootable>>>

The USB installation stick must be GPT-partitioned FAT32-formatted, NOT MBR FAT32. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ