Acer Aspire A515-51G-51Z7 with 256GB SSD slow, at 30MB/s read/write and 1000+ ms response time.

sz1357
sz1357 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
110GB+ Free Storage, continuous 100% usage and slow responding system. Works correctly after reboot, but quickly goes back to this behaviour. Screenshot attached. Let me know if you need anything else.
System Specs:
15-8250u
8GB DDR4 
256GB M.2 SSD
940MX

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,438 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Could you please install  CrystalDiskMark 6.0.2 benchmark program, run it and post the results.
    https://crystalmark.info/en/download/

• sz1357
    Hi,
    Could you please install  CrystalDiskMark 6.0.2 benchmark program, run it and post the results.
    https://crystalmark.info/en/download/

• brummyfan2
    Hi,
    Try transferring large files to an external drive and test again, also remove the SSD and reinsert it to make sure it's seated properly, disable any background programs running in Task manager.
  • sz1357
    Hi,
    Try transferring large files to an external drive and test again, also remove the SSD and reinsert it to make sure it's seated properly, disable any background programs running in Task manager.
    Still transferring at 30mb/s, when I pause/resume it spikes up and goes back down (spike up to 200mb/s). I'm not able to remove the SSD as the laptop is still under warranty and they have a "warranty void if removed sticker". All background programs that can be possibly disbaled. I honestly think reseating the SSD would work, but can't do it until around June. Thanks for your help, I'll update you later.
  • brummyfan2
    Hi,
    You could also try reinstalling the driver for Storage Controllers in Device manager, yes, if you are under warranty, it's better not to remove the back cover.

• sz1357
    Hi,
    You could also try reinstalling the driver for Storage Controllers in Device manager, yes, if you are under warranty, it's better not to remove the back cover.

Hmm, I don't see the INtel Chipset SATA Controller? Does that come with every laptop? Or is it just the Microsoft one by default and that's it?
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    sz1357 said:
    Hi,

Hmm, I don't see the INtel Chipset SATA Controller? Does that come with every laptop? Or is it just the Microsoft one by default and that's it?
    This is probably because you don't have Intel Rapid Storage Technology(iRST) installed. You can download iRST from Intel's website.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!