Acer C740 Swollen Battery

Options
thepburn
thepburn Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi Manny,  hope you can help us too.  We are a school district with more than 300 Acer Chromebooks C740.  Many of them have swollen batteries making the trackpad unusable.  Will Acer replace these batteries even though the chromebooks are no longer on warranty?

Answers

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Hi thepburn

I am very sorry to hear this, can you please reply to the PM i have sent you for follow up?

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
  • bbannon
    bbannon Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Maybe you would be able to help us too?  We are a school district that purchased 120 11.6" C740-C4PE in June of 2015.  I had to pull them from the classroom due to 116 of 120 with faulty batteries that expanded.  
  • Mr_Wizard
    Mr_Wizard Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    We're also having the same issue with our C740s.  We have a total of 475.  We only know of 27 (at this time) that have swollen to the point of causing the touch pad to no longer function, but we've yet to do a visible check on all 475.  Is there any assistance available from Acer?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,788 Trailblazer
    Options
    @Mr_Wizard try sending a PM to @Acer-Manny with your particulars, just in case he doesn't check in here.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Options
    Mr_Wizard said:
    We're also having the same issue with our C740s.  We have a total of 475.  We only know of 27 (at this time) that have swollen to the point of causing the touch pad to no longer function, but we've yet to do a visible check on all 475.  Is there any assistance available from Acer?
    Thank you for the information provided and i am very sorry to hear that you're experiencing battery issues with Acer Chromebooks (C740). I have sent you a private message for follow up.

Thank you,
    Acer-Manny
  • GRVSD
    GRVSD Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Mr_Wizard said:
    Thank you for the information provided and i am very sorry to hear that you're experiencing battery issues with Acer Chromebooks (C740). I have sent you a private message for follow up.

Thank you,
    Acer-Manny
    We are in a similar situation, we have discovered 40 chromebooks that have swollen batteries, some with damaged trackpads, acer c740s.
    Acer-Manny, can you reach out this way for me!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,788 Trailblazer
    Options
    If he doesn't get in touch, try sending him a PM. Now that you have a post under your belt I believe you are allowed to PM. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Options
    GRVSD said:
    Mr_Wizard said:

Thank you,
    Acer-Manny
    We are in a similar situation, we have discovered 40 chromebooks that have swollen batteries, some with damaged trackpads, acer c740s.
    Acer-Manny, can you reach out this way for me!
    Sorry for the late reply GRVSD, please check the pm i have sent you for follow up.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny