Aspire V5 broke screen swap out to older screen

Jules09
Jules09 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I'm attempting to swap an broken screen for an older screen, assistance would be a bonus, wiring loom schematics would be appreciated as the newer but broken screen has a very small interface plug and of cause the older has a larger interface is smaller 

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It might help to know the full V5-xxx model number and what model number the old screen came from? Believe it or not, new replacement screens can be incredibly cheap nowadays plus offer considerably less risk of permanently damaging the V5's LCD inverter board and its mainboard circuitry.   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jules09

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Aspire V5 573G, the older model I can't remember,  I've had it in storage for a long time, the connection plug on the older model is a fraction longer then the original plug that slots into the screen. Both screens are of equal size, financial I lack the funds to purchase an replacement, I will proceed with Jackal and Hynde method with, wish me luck. 

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    It might help to know the full V5-xxx model number and what model number the old screen came from? Believe it or not, new replacement screens can be incredibly cheap nowadays plus offer considerably less risk of permanently damaging the V5's LCD inverter board and its mainboard circuitry.   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jules09

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Aspire V5 573G, the older model I can't remember,  I've had it in storage for a long time, the connection plug on the older model is a fraction longer then the original plug that slots into the screen. Both screens are of equal size, financial I lack the funds to purchase an replacement, I will proceed with Jackal and Hynde method with, wish me luck. 
  • Jules09

Tinkerer

aspire v5-573g screen replacing with B156XW04 V.5
  • JackE
    Well, here are the compatible LCDs for the v5-573. Also WXGAs. But pinouts might be different. Good luck. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jules09

Tinkerer

wiring loom of older model

• Jules09

Tinkerer

removed fully from camera and mic loom

• Jules09

Tinkerer

original loom now exposed with older loom and plug(right) to be joined to original loom an of cause original plug must be removed, an obviously the loom colors aren't too similar to each other so its Victor Frankenstein time
  • Jules09

Tinkerer

interface plug fully removed from original loom exposing less wires then older model below, hahaha, onward and side ways we go.
  • JackE
    Don't forget to put on your faceshield, helmet & welding gloves before firing it up.   B)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jules09

Tinkerer

gumboots and umbrella, clean underwear and spares handy, I'm part way into the soldering, will complete the rest tomorrow 
  • Jules09

Tinkerer

will complete sometime tomorrow, hopefully 
  • Jules09

Tinkerer

why conform, challenge the system and watch the fire works lol, beam me up Scotty!.
    Never mind I'll take the elevator.