Where can I get motherboard info? Aspire TC-865NESelecti3

Options
jay33
jay33 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I have Acer Aspire TC-865NESelecti3   I there someplace I can get info about the motherboard.  Also would like a User Manual, but cannot find one to download. 

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @jay33,

You can find your computer TC-865-NESELECTI3 Motherboard - Chipset specs & placement details below. 

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @jay33,

You can find your computer TC-865-NESELECTI3 Motherboard - Chipset specs & placement details below. 

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• jay33
    jay33 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hi Balatekie,  Thanks for the motherboard info.  After I looked at it, I realized that my M2_1 slot did not look like your picture.  Mine looks much larger and appears to have connection on right side instead of top.  Could mine be M2_1 ?  (see attached photo)  
    Question 2:  I am ready to install SSD and found 3rd SATA connection, but cannot find an extra power source for SATA SSD.  All the wiring is tightly bound up under the DVD drive and no spare connections exposed.   Must I remove the DVD drive in order to get to the spare power connections?   If so, how to I get the DVD drive out?  
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,364 Trailblazer
    Options
    The M.2 slot you point out is the one for the wireless card. The SSD M.2 slot is past the memory, away from the processor. If you want to put an SSD in without using the SSD slot just use a power splitter cable.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.