[Motherboard Switch Contact] Power led lights up after closing the lid. Image included. Acer V5-573G

smore09
smore09 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Dear Community!

I have a problem with my Acer V5-573G. There is a switch on the motherboard, that releases when you take off the bottom half of the laptop. It may have some contact issues, since after closing the lid, the power light lights up as orange (it is blue when the laptop is turned on). When that switch is being pressed, the orange power led lights up, and seems that has some kind of a contact problem since it's vibrating and dimmer sometimes. Do i have to change this switch, or does it have other problems (like ribbon cables or any other component that can yield similar problems)?

If anyone could offer some advice or help that would be great.
The picture shows another motherboard, but the switch is the same.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    The spring-loaded normally-off switch should be fully-depressed when the bottom cover is in place. A spacer should be taped to the cover so it presses harder on the switch to keep it in the on-state. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• smore09
    The problem is not that simple, even when i press it fully, it still has some contact-problem.
  • smore09
    It turns on every time, so the switch seems to work. Please do share your ideas. If you think i can also record some evidence.
  • JackE
    With the battery removed & charger unplugged, I suggest that you try to physically clean the switch's contacts by quickly tapping/pressing it repeatedly. Trying to replace it might cause other problems. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• smore09
    It didn't work. Everything is the same. Any other ideas? :(
  • JackE
    Replace the switch or solder a jumper across its terminals. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• smore09
    Thank you for your time. :)
  • JackE