Customer Support - Hard drive Crash ACER E5-573T-P1LS

AndrewCANLP
AndrewCANLP Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Trying to find someone from ACER to talk to. Did the online chat and said post it here??

Background: I purchased an ACER E5-573T-P1LS on 11/13/15 from Best Buy. Had issues with the laptop shortly after getting it and then it stopped working. Took it back to the store and they exchanged it for another E5 on 01/03/16. On 10/15/18 my laptop locked up. Rebooted it, but now would get a clicking nose. Took the laptop in for repairs the following day and was informed the hard-drive failed. Based on the computer assessment they couldn't mount it apparently and couldn't access anything unless sent to a lab for data recovery. Went to Best Buy again and they told me the pricing and really didn't do much other then say things happen. So I sent the hard drive to a store to be assessed and they indicated it was a Tier 4 repair. Price ranged from $1350-2250 as I priced out several locations. Went back and asked if Best Buy would do anything for me as computer isn't even 3 years old, and they said no originally and then offered me $200 off if I did the repairs through them. It was still the most expensive option of the other places I quote. Disheartening as lost everything. Everything I have ever done my photos, documents, my scanned degrees, training, etc all gone.

Is there anything ACER could do to help?

Answers

• Did you test the hd on another computer to make sure it was the hd that was in trouble? What was the warranty period for your notebook?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AndrewCANLP
    AndrewCANLP Member Posts: 2 New User
    I did, couldn't mount on another hard drive either. I believe warranty expires after 2 years? It failed shortly after it ran out
  • I do not know what your warranty time is. On the hd, I would test on another computer so that, in this way, be checked whether it is a problem on the hd or sata cable of the notebook!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)