Helios 500 I7-8750H PredatorSense CPU Power Limit

Beno93
Beno93 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I wont to know how I can set the hotkey to switch CPU Power Limit?

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    What do you mean by switching the CPU power limit? The CPU power limit cannot be changed.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Beno93
    Beno93 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    ven98 said:
    What do you mean by switching the CPU power limit? The CPU power limit cannot be changed.
    In PredatorSense there is CPU Power Limit where available 3 options NORMAL -> High -> Max. I want to set Hotkey to switch between that values.
    For example there is Hotkey "1" which switch GPU Overclocking value.

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    I think you can, but you have to edit the files of predator sense. I don't think it is very hard, but you need a bit of knowledge how to write the paths of normal, fast and turbo to appear on the key assignment. The easier solution is to set the CPU power limit(I don't know what exactly it actually does. I don't know if increases the PL1 beyond 45W or PL2 beyond 56.25W) to turbo. Having the PL set to turbo constantly won't hurt the CPU, as it will use the extra wattages or whatever it is, when it needs to sustain the max clock speeds.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• fejerm
    fejerm Member Posts: 97 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited January 2019
    You cant.
    However in Game Sync you can manually add apps where you want the cpu tdp boost and overclock to automatically kick in.

If you want the cpu tdp to be higher all the time than 45W and if you want more than 56.250W, then you need an unlocked bios.
    However in this case you need to uninstall PS or else it will overwrite the bios settings.

My Helios 500 with unlockes bios+tdp increase:
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/556179/how-to-edit-tdp-limit-in-bios#latest