Is it safe to clean my VN7-592G with Acetone?

Shumayal
Shumayal Member Posts: 58 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
What is the best way to clean this laptop? The body is rubberized plastic?

The manual for the laptop doesn't specify much other than to not use aerosols and liquids.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    @Shumayal
    1. Turn off the laptop and disconnect the battery.
    2. Open the laptop.
    3. Turn the laptop upside down and gently tap it to get rid of any loose crumbs.
    4. Spray some canned air on the keyboard. This will loosen some of the gunk that's stuck in between the keys.
    5. Put the laptop on a flat surface and vacuum the keyboard with a small brush attachment.
    6. Dampen some cotton swabs with rubbing alcohol, and wipe them over and in between the keys (if possible). Make sure the swabs are just damp, and not wet.
    7. Make sure dont use wet cotton swab because there are chance the liquid might go inside and it might damage some parts

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Shumayal
    Shumayal Member Posts: 58 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Jack22 said:
    @Shumayal
    1. Turn off the laptop and disconnect the battery.
    2. Open the laptop.
    3. Turn the laptop upside down and gently tap it to get rid of any loose crumbs.
    4. Spray some canned air on the keyboard. This will loosen some of the gunk that's stuck in between the keys.
    5. Put the laptop on a flat surface and vacuum the keyboard with a small brush attachment.
    6. Dampen some cotton swabs with rubbing alcohol, and wipe them over and in between the keys (if possible). Make sure the swabs are just damp, and not wet.
    7. Make sure dont use wet cotton swab because there are chance the liquid might go inside and it might damage some parts

Thank you. And finally is there a need to open the laptop and have it vacuumed for dust inside? Or the Dust Defender does a good job? I find the laptop getting hotter than usual and I always ensure the vents are never blocked. My laptop is now 4 years old.
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    @Shumayal
    Dont open the back door since it might void warranty.
    How hot does the laptop gets?