Acer BT Keyboard Cover stopped to work in Iconia W4-820 under Windows 10.

vitasam
vitasam Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Hello,
I have an old Iconia W4-820 tablet + Acer BT Keyboard cover. I like this combination of HW - it looks like 8" Surface Tablet.
The keyboard was working pretty Ok with windows 8.1 but after OS has been upgraded to Win10, the keyboard is functional just a minute after re-connection and then disappeared.

Could the problem be with some BT/keyboard drivers from Windows 10 installation?

Thank you!

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Try unchecking the 'allow windows to turn off to save power' option in properties for the keyboard and maybe the bluetooth adapter.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Great! Watch for it again after the monthly Windows Updates, it's not unusual for the update to override the existing settings.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Yes, that's likely your problem. Go into Device Manager and see if it flags anything wrong.
  • vitasam
    Hi, no, there is nothing wrong with Devices (see screenshot attached with BT devices)
  • vitasam
    edited January 2019
    Basically it looks like this: when tablet wakes up, the Acer Keyboard Cover does work maybe one minute and after that just stopped to work (no any input comes to the tablet). And I got an impression that if any of  service keys are pressed (SHIFT, cursors, etc.) the keyboard just instantly stopped.

For me it looks like a software problem rather than hardware (for example, the same Acer Keyboard Cover works just perfect when connected to my Android phone)
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Try unchecking the 'allow windows to turn off to save power' option in properties for the keyboard and maybe the bluetooth adapter.
  • vitasam
    billsey said:
    Sounds reasonable! Could you kindly tell - how to do that? Through Registry Editor?
  • vitasam
    I have unchecked 'allow windows to turn off to save power' option for Blueetooth Radio in Device Manager. And it seems it helps! Thank you!
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Great! Watch for it again after the monthly Windows Updates, it's not unusual for the update to override the existing settings.