Product Registration Acer Nitro 5

sandrocottus83
sandrocottus83 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have purchased a Acer Nitro 5 Laptop from Amazon.in and I am trying to register product and its showing Invalid serial number.

Issue Description :- When I switch on my acer nitro laptop (on 27.Jan.2019) a popup (Product registration) was opened and it was closed accidently and when I opened the "Acer Product Registration" window in laptop then it was showing as "Thank you to register your product the details has been sent to your email id. Please open acer.com" but i have not filled anything in product registration window.

And when I contact customer care the executive sent me another link "http://apn.acer.co.in/Rpt/EndCustomerRegistrationNew.aspx"
Here also its displaying as :Invalid Serial Number

Please help.
Please contact me via Email

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    About 'invalid serial number', this shouldn't appear. I suggest you to contact Acer support and they will sort this out for you. You should have a picture taken of the proof of purchase.

This forum isn't a place that you can chat with Acer. You have to either call them, email them or connect to live chat.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi sandrocottus83,

Sorry to hear this. Can you please send me the screenshot of the error message and your serial number via PM (Private Message)?

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
  • Redfan
    Redfan Member Posts: 65 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Just call them to register, that’s what I did.
  • Paula1212
    Paula1212 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I am experiencing the same thing now. I have tried to register twice and I haven't received any email or call notifying me that my Nitro 5 has been registered.
    The warranty.com also says that the serial number is not valid.
     May I know if yours have been fixed and what did you do to fix it? By the way, I bought this product in Philippines and used warranty.acer.com.ph to register.

Please help me, thank you so much.
  • Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder
    like Redfan said, contact support for assistance or PM the moderator like he ask in the comment above ;)

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★

• DAGLUKKA
    DAGLUKKA Member Posts: 2 New User
    ITS EASY....TO DO....FOLLOW THE....INSTRUCTIONS CLOSELY....AND CAREFULLY....AND EVERYTHING....WILL BE....GOOD FOR YOU....AND ETC 
  • SAC09PRSHAR
    SAC09PRSHAR Member Posts: 1 New User
    i am also facing the same problem regarding registration of my acer nitro -5, as the message shows that the product is already being registered...what should i do. 
    how can i contact the acer on mail..
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi SAC09PRSHAR,

Sorry to hear this.

Can you please send me the screenshot of the error message and your serial number via 
    PM (Private Message)?

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny