Veriton X4630g bios update

gilialb
gilialb Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hi,
cause i'd like to chanche my cpu to a Intel i5 i would upgrade bios from P21-A1 to P22-A3 that probably support new cpu.So i have two question,first is:can i upgrade to new vwersion?Second question:i tried to do but probably i make wrong sequencies to update it.Anyone coul help me please'

Answers

• You can not upgrade to P22.A3 as they are motherboards with different revisions.
    However you can upgrade the version to version P21.A2.
    Remember that upgrading bios is an extremely risky procedure and may leave the notebook unusable. I suggest you test the new processor with the bios that is already installed!
    What does "chanche" mean?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • gilialb
    Many thanks for the answer,i apologize for "chance",i would say "change".I already tried to change the cpu but the computer won't start probably because the motherboard did't recognize new cpu.

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited January 2019
    Can you tell the exact model of the processor? Example core i5 2540m!
    The new bios pass may recognize the new processor. However it is necessary that the chipset also support this new processor!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • gilialb
    I just upgraded to P21-A2 but the cpu socket lga 1150 i5-4460 is not recognized.Cause this is a used cpu,now,i don't know if it depends about the bios or a damaged cpu.But it seems strange that the bios don't recognize the cpu because there are severeal Veriton X4630G with I5 mounted and i don't think they have different chipset.Mine is a Intel B85.
  • Can you show which is your chipset?

If it's b85, it's supposed to be compatible! See this asus site with a motherboard that has this chipset: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/B85MG/HelpDesk_CPU/

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gilialb
    This is my chipset,it'a B85,maybe the cpu is damaged.
  • When opening the desktop, what is the motherboard model that is described on the motherboard itself?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gilialb
    This is my motherboard...really strange doesn't recognize the new I5 4460 cpu.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    gilialb>>>i'd like to chan[g]e my cpu to a Intel i5 >>>

egydiocoelho>>>Can you tell the exact model of the processor? Example core i5 2540m!>>>>

I agree with egydiocoelho , do NOT try to install P22-A3 firmware. You still haven't answered egydiocoelho 's question. What CPU are you trying to change ***from***?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• eolimtiaz
    eolimtiaz Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Hi Every one Can some one help me Please really Struck i have Acer Q77H"-AD Motherboard it work fine without Graphic Card AS Soon As i put the GT 710 "GB Card inside and struck on Acer Long do nothing,But without card work fine i update the Its BIOS P11.A1 to P11.A2 but still same i try to Update the BIOS P11.A3 but its give me error same File size is not same can some one please help me  

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Sorry. The GT710 seems to be incompatible with your mainboard. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ