Acer Spin SP513-53N microphone not recognized by Google Chrome

Options
stjohnswaspe
stjohnswaspe Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have just acquired a new Acer Spin SP513-53N with Windows 10.  The Acer Spin SP513-53N microphone is not recognized by Google Chrome.  The microphone is fully functional on all other applications but not in Google Chrome applications.  I think there is a driver incompatibility between the Microphone Array (Realtek(R) Audio) driver and Google Chrome.  Are there any short term solutions?

Comments

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited January 2019
    Options
    stjohnswaspe 
    Please try the below mentioned steps : 
    Open the Google Chrome Settings page.
    Click on "Advanced" at the bottom of the page. Under the "Privacy and security" section, click on "Content settings".
    Under the "Microphone" section, choose the microphone device you would like to use from the dropdown menu. Google Chrome will now access the microphone you selected by default.

If this solves the problem, and you are using Windows, you must adjust your computer settings to prevent this from happening again.
    Access your sound settings from your control panel. The location of this setting varies depending on your Windows version:
    Open your “File Explorer” and click on “Control Panel”. Then click on “Hardware and Sound” and then click on “Sound”.
    Click on the “Recording” tab and then select your microphone (i.e. “Headset mic”, “Internal mic”, etc.) and click "Properties".
    Click the "Advanced" tab. Click on the check mark in the box next to "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" to remove the check mark from the box. Then click "Apply".

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Domsy
    Domsy Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Examplify is an app though, it's not just a webpage