Acer Aspire 7 A717 Weird screen flimmering

ElectrifyingOnyx
ElectrifyingOnyx Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, everyone!

I recently bough myself a new laptop, the Acer Aspire 7 A717-72G-52WE and everything was working fairly well with it so far, but today I've noticed something strange.
The display flickers fairly noticable when showing a grey colors, a bit more on darker shades, but not on black or white. It's not that seeable from a distance, but because I'm a digital artist, and have to be up close to the screen from time to time, this gets quite annoying.

Now my question is, is that normal or is there any way to fix this? The laptop is still fairly new, so I can still return it and get it replaced if I want.
Other than that the laptop works fine, aside from the fact that it crashed on me and wouldn't turn on again because of a system update. But I was able to fix that luckily.

I looks forward to reading all your answers!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
    Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. Click 'system restore' box. Click 'next'. Do you see an auto restore point with a date stamp in the last day or so that you noticed the flickering? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ElectrifyingOnyx
    ElectrifyingOnyx Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    JackE said:
    Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. Click 'system restore' box. Click 'next'. Do you see an auto restore point with a date stamp in the last day or so that you noticed the flickering? Jack E/NJ
    Hey, JackE! thanks a lot for your response! I just checked, and yes there is a stamp from the day before I noticed the flickering. It says that it was made because of an update. Do you think I should try and reset the laptop back to that state maybe, or...?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
    Back up files you might've created or changed since that restore point, then restore it to that date to see if it fixes the problem permanently.  Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ