Extra memory possible? (Aspire U27-880)

DataJohnny
DataJohnny Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
g=Good day,
I have a Acer all in one Aspire U27-880.
Presently with 8 GB memory.
Is it possible with this computer to increase the memory and if zo, how can I do so?
Thanks upfront for your answer,
John

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    The device has 2 RAM slots each supporting up to 16GB DDR4 2400MHz for a total of 32GB.

The device doesn't have an access panel to the RAM, which means you have to open it. The process is quite long and it is very likely that it will void the warranty(if you are not in the US). 
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• RainerGryschka
    RainerGryschka Member Posts: 3 New User

Hey Ven98,

any idea or documentation how to open the device?
    I already searched in the Internet and on YouTube but still got no description how to open the Computer in a save way.

Do you have some hints or a description for me?
    Because I want to do the same.

Thanks,

Rainer
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    It doesn't seem very hard to open actually, but you need the appropriate tools to pry the cover open without damaging it.

Here are the disassembly instructions that you should follow:

The motherboard is located on the screen side, not on the cover. If you position the device the same way as in the picture the PCB/motherboard will be located on the right side under a metal bracket, which you have to remove in order to access it.

Once the cover is removed the motherboard will be exposed along with the RAM slots.

If the device is under warranty this process is likely to void it, unless there aren't any warranty void seals preventing you to access what you need. In this case you can contact Acer and send the device along with the RAM module you want to add and they will install it for you.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Mitbin
    Mitbin Member Posts: 1 New User
    How did people get on with removing the cover and adding the memory as I need to do the same?