Have a CB5-132T-C7R5 not printing.

Cardinal
Cardinal Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Have a CB5-132T-C7R5 about 2 months old.  It recognizes my Canon printerMG3120  which is registered to cloud print.  When I print it says printing complete however the printer does not print anything.

and cloud show nothing.  Anyone have any ideas hoe to get this Chromebook to print.   Thank you

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi @Cardinal,

Sometimes the printer may be performing some other jobs and the printing job is queuing. So can you please check if the front panel UI is showing printing as well. If so, you can try do a power cycle first to see if problem solved. If problem still seen, please go to setup menu in the printer ->restore factory defaults to do a restore factory setting and then try again.
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Cardinal
    Tried your suggestion, however still doesn't print.  Did find that if I have the computer on that I used to set up the print originally, the Chromebook will print and everything is ok.  With this said I do find this a little bit of overkill,  I could just print from the computer but that is not what I want to do.  Did look in the posts  people have made and it seems this has been a problem for a long time.  You would think that a solution would have been found by now, but that's just me.  Any other suggestion would be gratefully accepted.   Thank you
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    There are two ways to setup a printer for use with the Google Cloud, one sets the printer to connect to the cloud directly and the other sets the printer to connect to the cloud via a PC on your network. You have it set to the latter, meaning the printer can only receive print requests from Google if the computer is on and connected to the internet. It's possible your printer doesn't support direct connections. This would be the case, for instance, if the printer were only connected via a USB cable to the computer, no wireless or wired connection to the network. It would also be the case with some older printers that did have network connectivity but didn't have firmware that was Google aware.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Cardinal
    The printer is connected to our laptops via WI-FI no USB cable.  The printer is a Canon Pixma MG3000 series printer (MG3120).  How would I find out if the printer has firmware that is google aware.  I'm getting a feeling that I may have to buy a new printer which states its Cloud ready, although on the Cloud set up there is a list of all kinds of printer and this one is listed on there.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Canon has a webpage with instruction on how to set it up. You have to give login credentials to the printers so it can 'hear' what Google Cloud Print is doing.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.