How do i keep the light on my acer swift 3 always on

tt530
tt530 Member Posts: 1 New User
I just got this laptop and i really like it. Its fast and snappy but i would like for the keyboard light to always stay on. So far from searching online and looking in settings i haven't found a way to do it yet. Is there a way to do it or should i just get over it and ignore it?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    tt530 
    Currently there is no option  to keep the keyboard backlight always On. You can press FN+F9 to turn the keyboard backlight on and off. The default settings for keyboard backlight on battery power is set to OFF. The keyboard will always turn off 30 seconds after the last key stroke on battery power. The keyboard backlight settings will return to default after resuming from sleep or shutdown.
    The timer is fixed at 30 seconds to turn Off is to save power while on battery power.  It's a power saving feature, continuous use of Keyboard backlight will drain the battery and will reduce the usage time.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • LiquidDenmark
    LiquidDenmark Member Posts: 1 New User
    Jow you need to fix that light! every time you type at night, you need to hit a button and delete the first letter, every time you want to type something. it will take you no time to make a patch for this problem! come on people, it's not just me with this problem! dont be stupid like appel!
  • stef23x
    stef23x Member Posts: 1 New User
    same problem!!  when i want to write i have to first delete the letter -.- one bios upgrade and solve it.  it annoys me
  • uniweather
    uniweather Member Posts: 2 New User
    Just hit the Space Bar, any one of the Arrow keys located on the lower right of the keyboard, etc., then you won't have to go back and delete a character after you have turned your light on. 
  • Robstout
    Robstout Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I am also slightly disappointed that there is still no option to keep the backlight always on. The power saving argument is only applicable when running on battery but I mostly am connected to AC power and still the keyboard backlight switches off after 30 seconds. Is a solution for this in the making?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer

I don't believe they plan on changing that behavior.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.