Drag and drop doesn't work with touchpad chromebook R13

Camel80
Camel80 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I cannot drag and drop icons on the so called "plank" since i bought the chromebook on yesterday. It should work as is said in the manual. Also changing, for example, column width in Excel doesn't work in this way.
In the settings manual i turned on tap dragging already. So when I click/tap with one finger and use another finger to change position nothing happens. I see the cursor moving, but not the intendent column width or app-icon.

I really hope somebody can help me cause this is annoying.

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,328 Pathfinder
    edited January 2019 Answer ✓
    Camel80 
    Press or tap the touchpad with two fingers. You can also press Alt, then click with one finger. Scroll. Place two fingers on the touchpad and move them up and down to scroll vertically, or left and right to scroll horizontally.
    You can also try to drag an item, double-tap but don't lift your finger after the second tap. Drag the item where you want it, then lift your finger to drop. If your touchpad supports multi-finger taps, right-click by tapping with two fingers at once. Otherwise, you still need to use hardware buttons to right-click.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,328 Pathfinder
    edited January 2019 Answer ✓
    Camel80 
    Press or tap the touchpad with two fingers. You can also press Alt, then click with one finger. Scroll. Place two fingers on the touchpad and move them up and down to scroll vertically, or left and right to scroll horizontally.
    You can also try to drag an item, double-tap but don't lift your finger after the second tap. Drag the item where you want it, then lift your finger to drop. If your touchpad supports multi-finger taps, right-click by tapping with two fingers at once. Otherwise, you still need to use hardware buttons to right-click.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Camel80
    Camel80 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thankyou. It workshop.