My Swift SF314-52 started out of nowhere to make a weird fan noise

Christio02
Christio02 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello! My Swift 3 with SNID XXXXXXXXXXX started to make a weird fan noise. Normally this laptop does not make any noise at all. I used it on my school yesterday and there where no noise. When I came home and booted it up, it started to make this weird fan noise. I blew under it, where the fan was located, but without any luck. I really need to fix this, since this is a school pc. The issue started yesterday, and while I´m writing this, the laptop makes a lot of noise. I haven´t changed any software or hardware recently.
Please help me fix this problem!
Best regards

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Manny]

Best Answer

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
    >>> I really need to fix this, since this is a school pc.>>>

If this is school property, why do you feel responsible to fix this? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Christio02
    JackE said:
    >>> I really need to fix this, since this is a school pc.>>>

If this is school property, why do you feel responsible to fix this? Jack E/NJ

It´s not technically a school pc. I bought it for use in school, since I´m in 11th grade. So it´s on me
  • JackE
    Is it still under warranty? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Christio02
    JackE said:
    Is it still under warranty? Jack E/NJ
    Yeah, I believe so. Also it went much silentier after I cleaned my desk. I can still hear some weird noises, but they're way less noisy. I don't want to open it, because I'll lose the warranty
  • JackE
    Keep tabs on when the warranty expires in case you must use it. The thermal fan module is not easy to get to. The base cover, battery and a few other items must be moved out of the way. It may be just a temperature change that caused a temporary noise issue. Hopefully it won't get any worse. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Christio02
    JackE said:
    Keep tabs on when the warranty expires in case you must use it. The thermal fan module is not easy to get to. The base cover, battery and a few other items must be moved out of the way. It may be just a temperature change that caused a temporary noise issue. Hopefully it won't get any worse. Jack E/NJ
    Thanks for the help!
    Christopher 
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    OK. Good with it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ