Why does my programs keep shutting down in my Predator Helios 300 ?

vanesolis16
vanesolis16 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi my name is Vanessa and I purchased my Predator Helios 300 (i7 8th generation with 16GB Ram, 15 inch) in October 2018. I study architecture and I received this laptop as a gift from my grandparents. 
The programs that I handle day by day are 3D modeling software for architects (Autocad, Revit, Sketchup, Vray, Photoshop, Rhinoceros, etc) and I cant work in them longer than 15 minutes because suddenly the programs shut down and I have to open them every time it happens. I am currently abroad so I cant use my warranty of US. What is the problem with this laptop, it supposed to run any of these programs because it has an nVidia GTX 1060. Please lend me your help. I want to know what should I do and if there is a problem with the laptop itself or something inside.

What would you recommend me to do?

Thank you ery much. 

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,004 Pathfinder
    @vanesolis16
    Is the unit shuts down only when you work on the software for architects or when you do other work on the computer as well?

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • vanesolis16
    vanesolis16 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Jack22 said:
    @vanesolis16
    Is the unit shuts down only when you work on the software for architects or when you do other work on the computer as well?

Hello Jack22, Yes this happens only when I am using 3D software. It doesnt happen with other programs like office, powerpoint, etc. 
    Thank you for your response!

• Jack22
    @vanesolis16
    Could you try to disable and re-enable your GPU within the device manager and check

• Jack22
    @vanesolis16
    Try these steps as well if the above steps did not help

Reinstalled the GPU using the official NVIDIA website
    Rollback GPU back to an older version
    Try disabling fast startup and shutting down (not rebooting)