Touchscreen not working Acer Chromebook 15

greedoe
greedoe Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an Acer Chromebook 15 that I JUST got back from repair today due to an issue with the laptop factory resetting itself and removing all accounts and data. 

NOW my ***** Touchscreen doesn't work, which is what I paid above and beyond for. Is there a quick and easy way to enable the Touchscreen or do I just put the Chromebook back in the Acer box I took it out of this afternoon and send it back?

Has ANYONE actually been able to use their Chromebook for longer than 25 minutes or so before needing to scream?

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,995 Pathfinder
    @greedoe

Hard reset your Chromebook

For most Chromebooks, follow the steps below:

1. Turn off your Chromebook.
    2. Press Refresh Refresh + Power Power.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • BCinNM
    BCinNM Member Posts: 1 New User
    Jack22 said:
    @greedoe

Hard reset your Chromebook

For most Chromebooks, follow the steps below:

1. Turn off your Chromebook.
    2. Press Refresh Refresh + Power Power.
    Hello, I have done that twice, as well as another reset procedure that I found online, with no change.  Since my Chromebook is fairly new and did not contain a lot of critical data, I decided to do the powerwash procedure and set it back to new.  But that has not resulted in the touchscreen working again.  Although I wonder how well it "cleaned" because the screensaver background photo I had set was still there after the powerclean.  The computer seems to otherwise be working just fine.  But I use the touchscreen a LOT, that was one of the biggest reasons I made this purchase.  Any other suggestions??  Thanks!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,790 Trailblazer
    I'm afraid you'll need to send it back again. :( They may have left a cable partially loose or something like that, though they should have verified before sending it back to you...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.