Why wont my Iconia One 7 B1-770 work?

GiftedErmine58
GiftedErmine58 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives
My B1-770 has been loosing its use of battery power and I had to keep it charging constantly in order to use it...I am 14 years old and I know they don't make 770's anymore (Maybe not where I live.) but i'm still seeking help, this happened 2-3 days ago and I've tried rebooting it with the volume & power button same thing but data reset. the problem is that each time I turn it on, it turns off after the first title show up. I am willing to get advice if I need to bring it to staples (Where my dad purchased it.) or if I have to get a new one.

Answers

• GiftedErmine58

Tinkerer

I really need some help, any type of help or suggestions will help, please!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Things are often slow here, it's a community forum and sometimes it takes a while before someone with the same model answers...

The tablet is a couple of years old, so it might be that the battery is failing, though I'd normally think you should have a year or two yet to go. I don't think your model has a battery reset hole but check to make sure. If you do have one try a reset on the battery to see if that fixes it. Also make sure you have it fully charged (6 hours on the provided charger). If there's no reset then you can do the same ting by taking it apart and disconnecting the battery for several minutes. Once the battery is reset allow it to fully charge again and then try turning it on. Come back and let us know how well it works.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GiftedErmine58

Tinkerer

Ok @billsey , I'll try this out and if not then ill try the dismantle part, I hope all this goes well and ill contact you if i get any results. Thank you.

• GiftedErmine58

Tinkerer

Also, @billsey . When i put the charger in, it doesnt show the battery icon to say its charging, ill have to hope for the best and cross my fingers it works :cold_sweat:

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    You might just have a bad charger...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MrKuT
    MrKuT Member Posts: 3 New User
    same for me, battery dead after 2 years and half
  • MrKuT
    MrKuT Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited April 2019
    a system update does not install, because the battery falls to zero, when the battery is full,
    I keep the device connect and I start the B1-770 and installation bug without stopping 
    without being able to access the Home screen.
    I can only access it when the morning alarm started (the alarm cuts all) update system too