Sound not working Acer Aspire E 14 // E5-473T-3860

Anujan
Anujan Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Laptop: Acer Aspire E 14 // E5-473T-3860

I did a factory reset for my laptop about a month ago. I haven't done any software/hardware changes to my laptop and there are only those automatic windows updates that take place when booting up or shutting down my laptop. Ever since I reset my laptop, the sound hasn't been working and before the reset, the sound was working perfectly fine. If I plug in my headphones the sound works but when I remove them the sound doesn't work. I had this problem in the past but I can't quite remember what I did to fix the issue, I think I just did the "Troubleshoot sound problems" and it was fixed, but this time around it isn't working. I've tried the test sounds and I don't hear anything when I play them. So far I've tried the:
1) Troubleshoot sound problems: It says to turn off audio enhancements, the audio driver reinstalled and I restarted my laptop
2) Device Manager > Uninstalled Realtek High Definition Audio > Installed the latest one from the Acer website

Just some images of how my sound is currently set up -> https://imgur.com/YZPDB5B    

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
    (1) Does Device Manager show any red or yellow warnings?
    (2) Right click speaker icon. Click playback devices. What happens to the playback box when you insert and remove the headphones?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ