Does my Acer Aspire v3 772G has whitelist? if so Why ?

Tsverava
Tsverava Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
So i have acer aspire v3 772g with 4702mq 8Gb ram and gt 750m 4GB version Gpu, Bought EXP GDC with mPcie adapter. when i boot laptop it sometimes detects it and sometimes doesnt why is that happening  ? i connected it instead of wifi adapter pci express root port 3#. is there anything i can do to fix this issue ?  

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    Try re-seating the GDC card in the pcie slot a few times to clean its contacts. If it still behaves the same way, then re-test the slot with the wifi card to make sure it's still detected OK. If the wifi card is OK, but the GDC card is NOT OK, then the GDC card is probably defective. You should return it to the vendor for a refund or exchange. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• In addition to the tips of fellow Jacke, have you tried disabling fast start up?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Tsverava

Tinkerer

edited February 2019
    Update ! now when i swap wifi card with gdc cable screen goes black and doesnt even boot, or if it boots pcie root port 3 is gone :( EXP GDC is working GPU is also working same as PSU(checked all of them separately)
  • JackE
    >>>now when i swap wifi card with gdc cable screen goes black and doesnt even boot>>>

What happens if the GDC isn't connected to the other end of the cable? Does it boot with just the cable attached. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Tsverava

Tinkerer

It does boot normally. I get GDC detected only when i boot with wifi module on then sleep laptop, swap with GDC cable and its detected on wake up but when i install drivers it requires restart and thats when cycle begins.
  • JackE
    >>>I get GDC detected only when i boot with wifi module on then sleep laptop>>>

I'm confused. Where is wifi module connected when GDC is detected? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Tsverava

Tinkerer

1) Starting laptop with wifi module installed. 2) when boots to OS i put it in sleep. 3) removing wifi module while laptop is sleeping. 4) instaling GDC cable istead of wifi module. 5) waking up laptop and wiola GDC is detected
  • JackE
    You have more courage than me doing it this way. :)  This would be how I'd probably try it.

(1)  Uninstall Wifi adapter from Device Manager. Exit without installing anything.
    (2)  Uncheck fast startup box in Control Panel power button options to disable fast boot.
    (3)  Shut down
    (4)  Exchange wifi card with GDC adapter.
    (5)  Turn it back on and hope for the best

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Tsverava

Tinkerer

nah it just refuses to boot on 980 did quick test with 550 works normally dont think that is whitelisded
  • JackE
    You probably just got lucky and bought a lemon. Return it to the seller for a refund.  :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Tsverava

Tinkerer

Soo i found someone with same laptop and there are 2 fixes in my situation. 1) Need Fully unlocked bios with (advanced menu) in bios to disable dGpu. 2) need eGpu Soft to hide egpu from bios so it will boot and wont disable root port which is eGpu connected to.
  • JackE
    Sorry, other than ACER BIOS updates and existing ACER BIOS menu settings, we're unable suggest undocumented BIOS mods on this forum. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Tsverava

Tinkerer

why does acer even limit mid-high end laptops with their bios ? premium should be unlocked 
  • Some functions are blocked so that users do not tamper with these settings and end up corrupting the bios!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Tsverava

Tinkerer

edited May 2019
    You do not give freedom of use, if i want to break my pc i will and will break warranty too so choice should be after me not you !! It doesnt make sense to limit users for product they own. Its like i have a car but cannot open hood to look whats inside -_-
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited May 2019
    But in this example, if you try to change the timing belt of your car for example and do not put the engine in the correct timing point, you will consume more fuel and may cause it to turn on several warning lights. This is the same thing that happens with the modified uefi, because if you do some wrong configuration, you can leave your notebook unusable!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Tsverava

Tinkerer

edited May 2019
    U cannot change belt timing if u dont have access to under-hood ! and because of that u also dont have access to more safe and useful features so no explanation makes limiting user from his device acceptable.
  • JackE
    Tsverava>>>>Soo i found someone with same laptop and there are 2 fixes in my situation. 1) Need Fully unlocked bios with (advanced menu) in bios to disable dGpu. 2) need eGpu Soft to hide egpu from bios so it will boot and wont disable root port which is eGpu connected to. >>>

Then I suggest that you send a PM directly to the person with the same v3-772G laptop for instructions on the 2 fixes. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Tsverava>>>Hi u just replied on my request with v3 772g + exp gdc. whom should i text to get help with those fixes ? thank you in advance >>>

Why can't you PM the person that you found with the 2 fixes? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ