Aspire V5-561G will not boot.

dinostajduhar
dinostajduhar Member Posts: 9 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

I'm using Aspire V5-561G model.

I get the following error appearing when I start up my machine:
"Default Boot Device Missing or Boot failed"

Issue occured when I restarted machine while the bootable disk with Windows 10 was inserted in.

I tried following:
- From the Boot Manager, I pressed enter on the option "1. ATAPI CDROM...", but it will again show me the popup the same fail message from the screenshot.
- Pressing F2, F10 and F12 in order to make some changes, did not work. Are this keys correct for changing or they are different for my model ?

What could be an issue or what can I try in order to fix this ?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    edited January 2019
    To enter the BIOS as soon as you turn the notebook on and off. Change the boot mode option to legacy and press f10 to save when exiting. Toggle and change the navigation mode for the test!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • dinostajduhar
    To enter the BIOS as soon as you turn the notebook on and off. Change the boot mode option to legacy and press f10 to save when exiting. Toggle and change the navigation mode for the test!
    How can I enter that mode to change the option to legacy ? 

p.s. I updated my post of what I did. Please check :) Thanks
  • Modify here:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • dinostajduhar
    Could you please read once more what I described above please. I cannot enter this mode. I have posted those two screenshots for the reason, because whatever I press on my keyboard I cannot access the bios. Either, I'm pressing something the wrong button, but I cannot enter InsydeH20 Setup Utility which you presented. 
  • dinostajduhar
    Is my BIOS corrupted ? Should I download somewhere a new valid version of BIOS and which one ?
  • OK! Did you try pressing the fn + f2 keys to enter the bios? If it still does not work, I suggest you try to reset the battery like this:
    1) unplug the notebook from the power outlet and then disconnect the lithium battery;
    2) With the lithium battery still disconnected, press the power button for thirty seconds and turn on the notebook with the battery disconnected.
    Now try entering the bios by pressing f2!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Is my BIOS corrupted ? Should I download somewhere a new valid version of BIOS and which one ?
    If your bios were corrupted, this screen with the error would not be appearing. It is not a problem with bios, but your configuration may be causing this error. Watch this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj4NPSDFCJg

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dinostajduhar
    OK I will try now the steps you have mentioned above, and inform you back if i have any success. Thank you and be right back!
  • dinostajduhar
    So here is what I tried now:

Regarding steps... 
    "OK! Did you try pressing the fn + f2 keys to enter the bios? If it still does not work, I suggest you try to reset the battery like this:
    1) unplug the notebook from the power outlet and then disconnect the lithium battery;
    2) With the lithium battery still disconnected, press the power button for thirty seconds and turn on the notebook with the battery disconnected.
    Now try entering the bios by pressing f2!"

Did not work.

However, I started watching the video that you have linked, and I saw at the 00:57, he pinned some hole but I'm not sure what that means? Is it necessary and what it does ?

• This is a third-party notebook model. That's why he pressed that hole!
    Do you have an external keyboard to press the f2 key? Have you tried disconnecting the hd and then entering the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dinostajduhar
    This is a third-party notebook model. That's why he pressed that hole!
    Do you have an external keyboard to press the f2 key? Have you tried disconnecting the hd and then entering the bios?
    So I have external keyboard and it works. Both keyboard and laptop keyboard work. I tried pressing following combinations:
    - F2
    - F10
    - Fn + F2
    - Fn + F10

I pressed, during start up and upon error show up, but nothing happens.
    Basically, first things that shows up when I start or restart is:

and If I press OK button, then it shows this screen:

Whatever options that I choose and press enter it will always show me again the same error.

Loop.

Only thing that works is CTRL + ALT + DEL.

• dinostajduhar
    What do you mean by "Have you tried disconnecting the hd and then entering the bios?" ?
  • Disconnect the hd if your notebook is not in the warranty period, as follows:

Then turn on the notebook with the hd disconnected and press f2 to enter the bios!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dinostajduhar
    Well, I disconnected the hard drive and turned on the laptop but still cant get through to the bios...any suggestions ehat to do next?
  • Connect the hd and as soon as you turn on the notebook, press the alt + f10 keys to try to access the Acer recovery partition! If this does not work, create a flash drive with the windows 10 boot. When finished configuring the pendrive, press f12 and select the pendrive and then use the recovery options!
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6029997/uploads/editor/ld/66bet959aja8.pdf

egydiocoelho Trailblazer