Aspire F5 - 571 - 505 Will Not Turn On

B_OGBRUSH
B_OGBRUSH Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Asire F5 - 571
        F5 - 571 - 5050
        Model N15Q1

This laptop will not turn on.

The charge indicator is lit but pushing the power button does nothing (the power button is a key on the keyboard on this model).

I have tried unplugging the power adaptor and put a paper clip into the re-set hole on the underside of the machine and holding for 4 seconds then re-connect the power adaptor but the outcome is the same, it won't turn on. No sound can be heard and the fan does not come on.

I have also removed and replaced the 8Gb stick of RAM and replaced the CMOS battery but the machine still will not turn on.

I think the battery is being charged.   What else can I try??

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    @B_OGBRUSH
    You have done the right steps, but i would request you to put the paper clip to the reset pin hole for 40 seconds than try to power on. 
    NOTE: but before doing the above step press and hold the power button until all lights goes off.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • B_OGBRUSH
    Jack22 said:
    @B_OGBRUSH
    You have done the right steps, but i would request you to put the paper clip to the reset pin hole for 40 seconds than try to power on. 
    NOTE: but before doing the above step press and hold the power button until all lights goes off.

This method does not work either. The only difference now is that the charge indicator LED has changed from orange to blue so I assume the battery is fully charged.

Can this machine be turned on by any method other than using the keyboard 'power on' key on the keyboard? as a faulty keyboard maybe stopping the machine turning on.
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    @B_OGBRUSH
    I do see you have done the most of the troubleshooting steps. 
    So there might be some hardware problem. So i request you to contact Acer for support.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

• B_OGBRUSH
    OK, bit does anyone know any other way of starting this laptop other than using the keyboard power button?