M.2 SSD not recognized on Acer E5-575G.

victorvfx
victorvfx Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I recently ordered Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 Type 2280 Internal Solid State Drive (CT500MX500SSD4) from Amazon after lot of research on the Acer Community and YouTube but my laptop won't recognize the M.2 SSD in bios or in the device manager. Also the screw that came with the M.2 SSD were non standard screws so there was no way i could place it firm tight against the m.2 screw slot.

I tried booting while pressing it gently towards the M.2 screw hole but it still wouldn't show up in the device manager, disk management (Windows 10)or the BIOS. Even tried taping it to the board with some cellophane tape but that didn't work either. Finally, I had to return it for refund after lot of tries.

Can anyone confirm if the M.2 slot or Crucial MX500 M.2 SSD works with this laptop? I'm planning to order once again to give it a try. Not planning to get a 2.5 SSD drive as i have 2TB HDD dedicated for the 2.5 HDD slot in the laptop.

Thank you.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,004 Pathfinder
    @victorvfx
    Please try with these,
    Liteon - CV1-8B128  or CV1-8B256
    Samsung - MZNLF128HCHP or MZNLN256HCHP
    Toshiba - THNSNJ128G8NY or THNSNJ256G8NY

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • victorvfx
    victorvfx Member Posts: 2 New User
    Jack22 said:
    @victorvfx
    Please try with these,

Liteon & Toshiba are not that widely available in my country. Isn't Crucial MX500 M.2 500GB SSD supported on the Acer E5-575G?
    Also where can i buy the M.2 screws & standoff's? 
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    victorvfx said:
    Jack22 said:
    @victorvfx
    Please try with these,

Liteon & Toshiba are not that widely available in my country. Isn't Crucial MX500 M.2 500GB SSD supported on the Acer E5-575G?
    Also where can i buy the M.2 screws & standoff's? 
    Below is the list of compatible SSD's officially recommended by Acer. 

Below you can find all SSD & HDD tested compatible components list. 

NOTE: Maximum capacity of SSD supported by this model computer is 128 GB & 256 GB.  Try anyone of the above listed SSD and that should certainly work. 

Below is the spec for screw used in fixing SSD. 

You can give the above screw description and buy this type of screw in any electronic shop near by you. 

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)