AN515-52 detects new ST1000LM048 in BIOS, but doesn't let me access the drive from "This PC"

Duckapple
Duckapple Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
The help pages said that it should just work with harddrives up to 2 TB, and this one is 1 TB.
My BIOS did say something about the HDD password being "frozen", if that means anything.
Edit: It shows up in Device Manager as well, and Disk Management recognizes the correct size, but it still doesn't show up

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    I assume in disk manager the HDD is shown as unallocated space. Right click on the unallocated space and select 'create new simple volume' or it was somethig along these lines.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Duckapple
    Duckapple Member Posts: 2 New User
    I'm just chiming in again to say that programs like Disk Management tells me to initialize the disk. Is this standard procedure? 
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    I assume in disk manager the HDD is shown as unallocated space. Right click on the unallocated space and select 'create new simple volume' or it was somethig along these lines.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!