My PQSERVICE files are from 2012. I have since installed 64bit Windows 10, etc. etc. Can I delete?

BobHa
BobHa Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Have and older Aspire One. Now have Windows 10 and just installed SSD drive. That's when I noticed the partition. Can't imagine I would use this even if I had to restore the machine. Ok to deleted this stuff and recover the lost space?  As long as I have a recovery drive built.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
    If you simply cloned the old HDD onto the new SSD, you might not be able to recover the lost space on the SSD if PQService is on the left side the C: partition without a 3rd party partition tool.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BobHa
    I'd be Ok getting a tool to do the partioning, I'm just wondering if there is anything on the PQService partition that I would need to save before deleting it.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
     >>>I'm just wondering if there is anything on the PQService partition that I would need to save before deleting it.>>>

Not with 100% certainty. So why bother deleting it? The less than 1% space saved doesn't seem worth the bother. And might mess things up if repartitioning doesn't go well. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BobHa
    I suppose you are right. More like 3%, but don't need the space yet as I did get a bigger drive to begin with. I love the SSD over the HD. Certainly the single biggest performance improvement I have ever made. I also got a 802.11AC wireless adapter which with Verizon fiber optic really picked up the Internet speed. I love the machine because of its portability. I use it when traveling and on the boat with navigation software. Thanks for the response!!