acer predator helios 300 Fan running even when shutdown !!

Abdullahkurdy
Abdullahkurdy Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
Hi My acer predator helios 300 Fans keep running even when i shut down my laptop, when i shutting down my laptop after a few seconds fans start running at max speed , but when i plug charger it will stop , and when i press battery rest (pin hole ) it will stop too ...!! can anyone help me !?!!

I updated My Bios .
tried rest battery .
but sill nothing 

My laptop spec :

- Intel Core i7 (7th Gen) 7700HQ / 2.8 GHz
8 GB DDR4 
GTX 1050 Ti

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    If the laptop is turned off, but fans keep running, that means it is unable to shut down properly. Does this happen everytime you shut down the system or it happens occasionally? When you press ''restart' is it able to restart properly or it gets stuck the same way?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• What is the exact model of notebook? Exemplo an515-51-75kz! Have you set the notebook to turn off in the power options?

Ever tried upgrading your notebook drivers with the free driverbooster version? Have you been to the websites www.intel.com and www.nvidia.com to download the most current video drivers? Have you tried turning off fast startup?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    @Abdullahkurdy
    If it is powered off, it shouldn't be getting any power to the fan. So are you completely turning off the power, or are you just putting the device to sleep or hibernate?
    To disable Fast Startup, go to Start > Control Panel > Power Options and click "Choose what the power buttons do" from the column on the left. Scroll down to "Shutdown settings" and uncheck the box for "Turn on fast startup". Click the "Save changes" button to apply the changes.

• Abdullahkurdy
    ven98 said:
    If the laptop is turned off, but fans keep running, that means it is unable to shut down properly. Does this happen everytime you shut down the system or it happens occasionally? When you press ''restart' is it able to restart properly or it gets stuck the same way?
    this happens every time i shutdown my laptop, no never get stuck while restarting ... 
  • Abdullahkurdy
    Jack22 said:
    @Abdullahkurdy
    If it is powered off, it shouldn't be getting any power to the fan. So are you completely turning off the power, or are you just putting the device to sleep or hibernate?
    To disable Fast Startup, go to Start > Control Panel > Power Options and click "Choose what the power buttons do" from the column on the left. Scroll down to "Shutdown settings" and uncheck the box for "Turn on fast startup". Click the "Save changes" button to apply the changes.

i disabled it , but still same problem. !!!!
  • Abdullahkurdy
    But there is something , when i plug the charger (while shutdown) fans will stop and by pressing battery rest it will stop Too.
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    @Abdullahkurdy
    Even after trying these step am not sure why the issue is not fixed. It might be like an EC firmware/BIOS problem.
    Still if the issue does not resolved and you need to send the unit to Acer repair center.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

• ven98
    edited January 2019
    Try with what @egydiocoelho suggested about updating the Intel and Nvidia drivers before contacting Acer.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Abdullahkurdy
    What is the exact model of notebook? Exemplo an515-51-75kz! Have you set the notebook to turn off in the power options?
    My Model Is :

Predator PH317-51

• What is the version of bios? What is the version of windows (1803 or 1809)?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Abdullahkurdy
    What is the version of bios? What is the version of windows (1803 or 1809)?
    Bios Version :1.21
    Windows Version :1809
  • ven98
    Can you let us know what the problem started to appear? Was it after a windows update for example?
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Abdullahkurdy
    ven98 said:
    Can you let us know what the problem started to appear? Was it after a windows update for example?
    The problem started before windows and bios update and after i updated both of them still have problem !!
    But i don't know why when i'm plunging charger while shutdown fans will stop !! 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited January 2019
    Does this issue occur when you use the notebook only on the battery? What is the version of the video card (1050ti or 1060) and what is the power of the power adapter (135w or 180w)? Has this problem ever existed? Do you remember if you downloaded any incompatible drivers or programs before submitting the problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Abdullahkurdy
    Does this issue occur when you use the notebook only on the battery? What is the version of the video card (1050ti or 1060) and what is the power of the power adapter (135w or 180w)? Has this problem ever existed? Do you remember if you downloaded any incompatible drivers or programs before submitting the problem?
    yes only when on battery fans start running after shutdown..
    Video Card :GTX 1050ti
    Power Adapter 135w
    no i didn't download anything that cause the problem ,i even reinstalled windows
  • Let me check if I get it:
    1) Fans keep running when you shutdown the notebook and using only the battery, correct?
    2) Do fans continue to work when you shutdown the notebook by using the notebook through the power adapter?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Abdullahkurdy
    Let me check if I get it:
    1) Fans keep running when you shutdown the notebook and using only the battery, correct?
    2) Do fans continue to work when you shutdown the notebook by using the notebook through the power adapter?
    1-Yes Fans only running on battery after shutdown.
    2-fans stop working when i plug the charger .

sorry if my English bad
  • I also have the model an515-51, which has the same hardware as your notebook and even has the same version of bios and the same video card. My notebook has bios in version 1.21 and does not have this problem!
    So I think we can rule out the possibility of being a problem in bios!
    Try this:
    a) using the notebook only in the battery, enter the bios and go and exit and saving. There is an option that allows you to shutdown the notebook through the bios. Take this test and make sure you shutdown the notebook through the bios if the problem remains!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Abdullahkurdy
    I also have the model an515-51, which has the same hardware as your notebook and even has the same version of bios and the same video card. My notebook has bios in version 1.21 and does not have this problem!
    So I think we can rule out the possibility of being a problem in bios!
    Try this:
    a) using the notebook only in the battery, enter the bios and go and exit and saving. There is an option that allows you to shutdown the notebook through the bios. Take this test and make sure you shutdown the notebook through the bios if the problem remains!
    i did it but the Exit and Saving Option Is Restarting my notebook !!!
  • ven98
    After exit and save it is supposed to restart, so that is normal.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system