The new VGA driver makes fullscreen programs running in lower res minimize. AN515-42 NH.Q3RED.011

Options
Dootidoot
Dootidoot Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
After installing driver version 17.40.6001.3304 for the RX 560X games and programs running lower than the native resolution minimize automatically instantly or after some seconds. I only encountered this problem after installing said driver, I think that the driver is the issue, i am not sure. It may be just as likely that Windows update KB4476976 is causing this issue.

Best Answer

• Dootidoot
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Solved it, it was the Dolby Audio application who caused it, you simply need to close it when playing a game in lower res.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    Dootidoot said:
    After installing driver version 17.40.6001.3304 for the RX 560X games and programs running lower than the native resolution minimize automatically instantly or after some seconds. I only encountered this problem after installing said driver, I think that the driver is the issue, i am not sure. It may be just as likely that Windows update KB4476976 is causing this issue.
    Try to uninstall the driver from device manager and restart the device. If the issue gets fixed then we can confirm that its an issue with the driver.. 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Dootidoot
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Solved it, it was the Dolby Audio application who caused it, you simply need to close it when playing a game in lower res.