Helios 300 PH315-51 Charging Issue

GreedyMax
GreedyMax Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
When I game on my laptop, after a half-hour after Fully charged 100%, the charge drops to 95-97%, and charger light turns orange. After continuosly playing for more, battery tray shows "Plugged in discharging".
Isn't the laptop supposed to switch to AC power after 100%? Then why does it drop while charging? I'm using the charger and brick that came with the laptop.
Thanks for help. :)

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    This is normal for these laptops. Actually, even if the battery is fully charged the device still draws power from the battery and you don't have to worry, because once the battery's charge drops to 30% it will stop discharging any further.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    This is normal for these laptops. Actually, even if the battery is fully charged the device still draws power from the battery and you don't have to worry, because once the battery's charge drops to 30% it will stop discharging any further.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!