Acer Swift 3 - Swift-SF314-5 - Is it good to use laptop while charging or batter is already full?

chaelgutierrez
chaelgutierrez Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello community,
I just want to ask a couple of question, I have Acer Swift 3 - Swift-SF314-5.

Is it good to use it, while charging?
Is it good to use it, while it is still plugged and battery is already full (100%)?

Thanks community  :)

Answers

• Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    with modern batteries, it really doesn't make much difference, so use it either way.  
  • chaelgutierrez
    chaelgutierrez Member Posts: 2 New User
    Gawain said:
    with modern batteries, it really doesn't make much difference, so use it either way.  
    Is it good to use it, while charging? = OK ?
    Is it good to use it, while it is still plugged and battery is already full (100%)? = OK ?
  • Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited January 2019
    both good.   Personally i don't leave a laptop plugged in overnight as you'll just ending up wasting a tiny bit of electricity.
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Gawain said:
    Is it good to use it, while charging? = OK ?
    Is it good to use it, while it is still plugged and battery is already full (100%)? = OK ?
    I would recommend to unplug the charger when the battery is full and connect the charger when its about 20% of battery. Doing this the battery life will be increased. discharging and recharging the battery is always the best option.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Angelchimbabyy
    Angelchimbabyy Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Hello, I am a user of Acer Aspire 3 A315-53-389V and I am confused, is it okay to use my laptop while it's charging? I get notified that battery is low and so I plugged it in, but then, after the battery is full, I unplug it from the electric power. But I haven't finished my work yet so I kept using it until its battery got low again, is this okay for the laptop? Or should I give it a rest first after its fully charged? Thanks for the answers!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    @Angelchimbabyy you can go either way. I typically leave mine plugged in  when at home and off the charger when I'm away. As Rudy says you get the best overall experience if you allow the battery to discharge occasionally, but that's because Windows does a better job of tracking battery health when it sees the occasional discharge rate. If you always leave it plugged in Windows can get confused and show a lower charge than the actual charge, but that's the primary issue. Do whatever is most convenient for you.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.