my laptop is acer aspire e15 it is always artifacting on nvidia mx130 how to fix it

achira
achira Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
my laptop is acer aspire e15. it is has mx130 vga it is always artifacting while playing games and other works what is the problem.how to fix it.i brought it 4 month ego please help me. i am from sri lanka

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Usually, artifacting is related to a problem with the GPU's VRAM.

You can update the nvidia driver to the latest version from nvidia's driver page and if that doesn't work try version 417.22 and if that doesn't help try the latest drive that begins with 399. 

If doesn't help with any of the drivers try resetting the battery:
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

If the issue still persists I would suggest you to contact Acer support. The issue is very likely to be a malfunctioning VRAM and Acer will most likely replace the motherboard.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    Answer ✓
    Usually, artifacting is related to a problem with the GPU's VRAM.

You can update the nvidia driver to the latest version from nvidia's driver page and if that doesn't work try version 417.22 and if that doesn't help try the latest drive that begins with 399. 

If doesn't help with any of the drivers try resetting the battery:
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

If the issue still persists I would suggest you to contact Acer support. The issue is very likely to be a malfunctioning VRAM and Acer will most likely replace the motherboard.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• achira
    edited January 2019
    i did it but it not success. how to fix it .have not other way

• ven98
    edited January 2019
    There is no fix when the problem is in the hardware. The issue most likely is in the MX130's VRAM(usually artifacts appear when faulty vram is present), because the device automatically switches to it when heavy applications like games are run.

I suggest you to contact Acer support for further assistance.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• achira
    how many price of nvidia mx 130
  • ven98
    I assume the device doesn't have any warranty if you are asking about price. Unfortunately, the MX130 can't be replaced, as it is soldered to the motherboard, which means the whole motherboard needs to be replaced including the GPU, which will probably cost a bit less than buying a new laptop.

There are a few other things you can try.

Go to nvidia control panel and enable GPU activity in notification area.
    A new icon will appear showing the GPU activity. When you run a game check if the icon shows that the GPU is active(in your case it will be MX130).
    Download Furmark. I want to make sure that it doesn't happen in one game only. Go to Nvidia Control Panel>3d settings>program settings, then select furmark.exe and select high performance Nvidia and click on apply.
    Run furmark and report back if the artifacts appear.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• ven98
    Make sure you run furmark with the following settings and then select Run GPU stress test.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system