I cannot use touchpad while I am holding down a key.

NewGeo
NewGeo Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,
My touchpad seems to disable itself whenever I hold down another key on my laptop, such as the W key when playing a game. Is there a way to prevent that from happening?

Thanks

Best Answer

• AlpineTom
    AlpineTom Member Posts: 58 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited January 2019 Answer ✓
    The first thing that comes to mind is Windows's touchpad sensitivity setting.

Settings -> Devices -> Touchpad -> Touchpad sensitivity

Try a lower sensitivity, but be aware that there will be a very slight delay after each key press even at the lowest setting. This delay is short enough that playing games like Baldur's Gate or the original Fallout works perfectly fine because you never have to use the touchpad at the same time when pressing  key. If you're playing games where you have to do that, however, I suggest getting ahold of a mouse.

Answers

• AlpineTom
    AlpineTom Member Posts: 58 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited January 2019 Answer ✓
    The first thing that comes to mind is Windows's touchpad sensitivity setting.

Settings -> Devices -> Touchpad -> Touchpad sensitivity

Try a lower sensitivity, but be aware that there will be a very slight delay after each key press even at the lowest setting. This delay is short enough that playing games like Baldur's Gate or the original Fallout works perfectly fine because you never have to use the touchpad at the same time when pressing  key. If you're playing games where you have to do that, however, I suggest getting ahold of a mouse.
  • NewGeo
    NewGeo Member Posts: 5 New User
    Welp, that did it, thanks!