How do I install Graphics Adapter AND Driver on GX 792 OS Windows 10 w/ GTX 1080 gpu?

jlg30
jlg30 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
How do I install Graphics Adapter AND Driver on GX 792 OS Windows 10 w/ GTX 1080 GPU? The graphics adapter has been uninstalled and now Acer driver download "VGA_nVidia_21.21.13.6949_W10x64 \ setup.exe" from acer website reports error: "The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware." So how do I first install compatible graphics hardware i.e. graphics adapter?    P.S. Problem originated when I uninstalled  graphics adapter from within Device Manager. Now NO program will recognize GPU, of course.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    edited January 2019
    Usually, windows installs the driver automatically, but you can go to nvidia's driver page and download version 417.22.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• jlg30
    If your question is about a device you own or want information on, always post the following characteristics of the device:
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Predator 17x GX-792 (notebook)
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820HK CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2901 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
  • jlg30
    The problem is that drivers do NOT install. They cannot find the graphics adapter which I mistakenly uninstalled from within Device Manage. How can I install the Graphics Adapter before installing gtx drivers?
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Did you restart the device after re-installing the driver from device manager? If not restart the device and then try installing the driver.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!