Aspire E5-575-33BM and Apacer AS2280P2 ssd issue

Laureat
Laureat Member Posts: 10 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi!
I installed a ssd drive Apacer AS2280P2 to the empty M2 slot in my Aspire E5-575-33BM notebook and transfer system Windows 10 to it.
Then I've got a permanent Windows 10 BSOD error "Critical process died" and "No bootable device" after reboot.
When I entered BIOS after BSOD, system can't recognize the SSD. Only HDD and DVD are visible.
After power off/on, SSD drive is visible again and system works correctly until next BSOD happends.
Timing between BSOD's can vary in wide range - it can happend very soon, or notebook can work without any issue for hours.
BIOS and all drivers are updated to the latest versions.
Can anyone have ideas about it? What should I try to fix it?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    edited January 2019
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Laureat
    edited January 2019
    This firmware is for up to 128Gb ssd drives. I have a 240Gb drive, so I don't provide the update. Do you think it is good idea to do this? 
  • Does the program show any firmware updates?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Laureat
    No, the utility shows only product information, speed test and disk erasing. The firmware update option is active, but there is no possibility to upload any file here. Screenshot attached 
  • Convert the ssd for gpt in the cmd with administrador: 
    Diskpart
    List disk
    Sel disk x (x is the number of ssd)
    Clean (clear all)
    Convert gpt
    Create partition primary
    format fs=ntfs quick
    assign

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Have you cloned ssd or used an iso from microsoft?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Laureat
    The disk is already GPT converted. I cloned the system to ssd. I have some problems then, cause windows always tries to boot from HDD instead of SSD, but when I formatted the HDD everything become ok. 
  • Have you tried disconnecting the hd to see if the problem remains? What is the bios version?Have you tried disconnecting the hd to see if the problem remains? What is the bios version?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Laureat
    Bios is the latest available on acer.com (1.47). I tried to re-insert ssd, but didn't try to do smth with hdd. Thanks, I'll try to see how it impact at the issue. 
  • Laureat
    No, removing the HDD didn't help. The same problem occur in the same way
  • When you disconnect ssd, does bsod still occur? If so, then I suggest you try changing ssd for another!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• However I suggest you try to do an install using an iso from Microsoft, to see if the problem remains:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Laureat
    I don't think that problem is linked with Windows. Cause when BSOD occur, then ssd didn't recognized in BIOS. I think that it can be the ssd defect, compatibility problem or motherboard issue. Too much variants ))
  • What is the version bios installed?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Laureat
    1.47 the latest available on acer.com
  • Have you tried a new installation of windows?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Laureat
    I've tried to make a fresh start and complete windows reset. It didn't help
  • I'm thinking there's some problem with ssd! Do you have how to test ssd on another computer?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Laureat
    I'll try to find the way to test in other laptop. I'm thinking it can be some kind of incompatibility. Cause due to specifications, there should be sata3 ssd. My ssd is pcie x2 (here I find topic about possibility of usage pcie ssd if motherboard allows it).  Mb that's the problem. 
  • The ideal is to actually test on another computer so that it can be checked whether or not ssd has problems. This notebook model, according to some sites, is compatible with nvme! However, if a problem is identified in ssd, I suggest you swap for a sata 3!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer