Helpp, just bought acer nitro 5 an515-52 and it lags horribly

Joelbautai
Joelbautai Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Keeps shuttering when doing simple tasks like surfing on chrome, doing work in Microsoft words and when I tried to refresh my laptop, it’s shutters😑 and all games that I dowloaded also can’t play ie fortnite dota csgo. Also tried to tweak the nvidia settings but nothing seems to work. Is this model thrash?

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Most likely you need to add more RAM. Windows uses around 2 GB, so you are left with only 2GB, which is probably not enough for csgo and for fortnite you probably need at least 8GB.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    Can you post your drevice's specs?
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Joelbautai
    ven98 said:
    Can you post your drevice's specs?
    Core i5-8300H 2.30ghz quad-core processor, 4 GB of DDR4 RAM, dual-storage and Nvidia GTX 1050
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    Most likely you need to add more RAM. Windows uses around 2 GB, so you are left with only 2GB, which is probably not enough for csgo and for fortnite you probably need at least 8GB.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Joelbautai
    ven98 said:

Alright, I’ll try adding ram. Will get back to you soon, thanks