difference in keys on keyboard between "aspire 5" and "aspire E"?

sferrell615
sferrell615 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
my wife is a little picky about how the keyboard feels.  she wants the keys to be 'clicky'.  i do not 100% understand what this means.  her previous laptop was a toshiba satellite (water damaged).  i would describe the keys on the toshiba as smooth, curved edges, cheap plastic, and noisy.  
anyways, we went to a computer store and she did not like the keyboard on the acer aspire s  (A515-51*).  i went looking for a computer that meets all of her needs (including a DVD drive) and includes as many 'nice to haves' (e.g. a GPU) for around $500.  i found the acer aspire E 15 for $600 to be just that (which is 'just' available new on amazon).  i hesitate to buy online when she might not like the keyboard.  i read 1 review which stated the acer aspire 5 and E 15 have a similar feel to the keyboard (which according to reviews on amazon is soft, comfortable, and respondent... all of which are positive but not 'clicky').  thoughts appreciated!
thanks in advance.
scott

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
    >>> i found the acer aspire E 15 for $600 to be just that (which is 'just' available new on amazon). >>>

If it's sold, fullfilled & shipped by Amazon, just order it as returns are fairly hassle-free. Nearly all consumer laptop KBs for the last decade have about the same "soft, comfortable, and respondent"  feel. And if it's not clicky enough, just bang away harder on the keys till the clicks are louder. And if it's still not clicky enough, just return it for a refund usually no questions asked. Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ

• sferrell615
    sferrell615 Member Posts: 2 New User
    hi Jack E.  thanks for your response.  i agree that i 'should' be able to receive a full refund but there is potential that i'd get stuck with paying for shipping and i'm uncertain of the policy on returning an opened product. 
    however, to make a better educated decision... i'm hoping to get opinions on how similar the aspire E and 5 keyboards are to one another as well.  
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
    Don't hold your breath for a response to help you make a better-educated decision. The clickiness thing soundls like a highly subjective and very peculiar description of keyboard touch & feel. Accordingly, you should probably get a better handle from Amazon on just what you'll be stuck with paying if the keyboard's touch & feel doesn't meet the rigid personal requirements. As I said, 'Amazon shipped, fullfilled & sold' is usually a pretty good indication that it will be a relatively pain-free RMA financial experience. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ