Apps starting erratically, A1-840 tablet

Options
spitfire79
spitfire79 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
I have a A1-840 tablet.  After doing some updates on it, the apps don't launch regularly, and it seems to crash. It keeps telling me it hasn't got much memory left, but after checking storage on settings, there seems to be plenty.  It also seems to run quite slowly, taking a while to load an app.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,765 Pathfinder
    Options
    @spitfire79
    I would suggest you to take a backup of all data a perform reset on the tablet
    1. Power off the tablet.
    2. Press and hold Volume Up and the Power Button together. Release the Power Button after three second and continue holding Volume Up until you see the boot screen.
    3. Select Recovery.
    4. Use Volume Down to highlight Wipe data/factory reset. Press the Power Button to select it.
    5. Select Yes -- delete all user data.
    6. Select reboot system now after the reset is complete
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, likely you now have too many apps running at the same time. A reset will get rid of all those apps and you'll again choose which to reinstall. Try not to install apps you don't use and you shouldn't run out of memory.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.