My Laptop Acer Aspire A515 51G 515C shuts down

RutgerP
RutgerP Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

My laptop Acer Aspire A515 51G 515C shuts itself down all of the sudden, this happens approximately every day. The laptop isn't overheating or too cold. Then after it has shut down it won't start up again. I have to hold the power button for several seconds for it to start again and sometimes that doesn't even work. Can this be a software problem which can be fixed by myself or is it the hardware and do I have to sent the laptop back? 

I have the laptop for 3 months now so it isn't very old.  

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,004 Pathfinder
    @RutgerP
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.
    BIOS default: After power drain is done, power on the unit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you to BIOS page. Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart
    Please let us know if you still have issue after doing the above steps

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Please check this button:

It may not be properly pressed!
    Put some layers of electrical tape and see if it solves the problem:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RutgerP
    RutgerP Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have tried both your options for a few days but it doesn't seem to work. Can it maybe be a problem with the driver?
  • I still think the interrupt button on the photo above is not being properly pressed. Does this problem occur only on the battery or when the notebook is being used in the power adapter?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)