I have installed win 7 32 bit in my laptop Aspire E 15 E5 576 but USB ports are not working.

MD1983
MD1983 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have installed win 7 32 bit in my laptop Aspire E 15 E5 576 but USB ports are not working.What should I do?

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi @MD1983,

Here you have two methods to repair and fix USB drive not working issue in Windows 10/8/7 PC and you may follow either one to get repair USB port which has stopped working now:

Method 1. Fix "USB port not working" error with Universal Serial BUS controller

1. Right-click on Windows logo > Select Device Manager.
    2. Expand "Universal SerialBUS controllers" > Find the device with a yellow exclamation mark.
    3. Right-click on it and select "Update Driver Software..." > Choose "Search automatically for updated driver software".
    4. If there is no new update, right-click and select Uninstall > OK.
    5. Go to the Action tab in the Device Manager window > Select Scan for hardware changes > Then the USB port will appear.
    After this, reconnect your portable devices to your PC and there your USB or SD card etc devices will show up on your PC now.
    If it still not working, relax and follow Method 2 to get your issue solved.

Method 2.  Fix "USB port not working" issue with Windows Troubleshooter

1. Type: troubleshoot in the search bar and click Troubleshooting.
    2. Go to "Hardware and Sound" > "Hardware and Devices" > Click on Advanced and check Apply repairs automatically.
    3. Click Next and let the program check and fix existing problems in your drive > Click Apply this fix and click Next.
    4. Click Enable, close Troubleshooter and restart your PC to keep all changes.

After finishing the process, you should be able to use your USB drive or external hard drive etc portable devices to save or transfer data to your PC again.

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• MD1983
    I did this but I have same problem. Please help!!
  • MD1983
    I think this is win 10 supportable laptop but I want operate it with win 7 32 or 64 bit. I hate win 10. I feel uncomfortable with win 10. So please, please please help me to make it supportable for win 7.
  • i_love_tazzus
    i_love_tazzus Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    You could also try the info available here, if you're good with using the command line:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/system-info-systeminfo-windows

From there you should be able to find out the maker of the USB ports, and grab Windows 7 drivers from the maker's web site.

It's also possible that there aren't any Windows 7 drivers for the USB ports in your PC... or you could try a lightweight Linux distro such as Lubuntu or Manjaro xfce via USB stick before installing to the hard drive. Honestly, I think installing a lightweight Linux OS on that machine is your best bet IMO, if you want to get the most out of that PC.
  • MD1983
    Thanks a lot