G6-710 overclocking, unlocking BIOS.

Options
itszAke
itszAke Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Hey!

Was just wondering if there was any way for me to unlock the BIOS of my Acer Predator G6-710 (i5-6600k, 980 Ti variant)? I've overclocked it through XTU but would prefer to do it through BIOS. I also can't enable XMP-profiles if I wish to purchase 3200MHz RAM which is a problem. Warranty is gone so I don't care about voiding warranty.

Was also wondering why my Predator Sense is quite useless? https://i.imgur.com/9m0toPE.png This is all the options I get which doesn't really get me anywhere.

My SN, SNID and other stuff: https://i.imgur.com/Zt11H6Q.png

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

Do you happen to know why my Predator Sense offers no options whatsoever when I've seen others have entire list of tabs full of settings?
    That depends on the PC you are using. Some predator PCs are newer and have more features and also using a different version Predator Sense. What options are missing? Have you seen other G6-710s have other options in Predator Sense or it is a different Predator line?

Unfortunately, BIOS modding is the only way to unlock unavailable features like XMP and adjusting the CPU core clocks.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    Options
    If you are looking for a place to discuss BIOS modding, this isn't the right one. For BIOS modding you can visit this website's forum:

www.bios-mods.com
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• itszAke
    itszAke Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    ven98 said:
    If you are looking for a place to discuss BIOS modding, this isn't the right one. For BIOS modding you can visit this website's forum:

www.bios-mods.com
    Well if modding my BIOS is the only option to achieve what I'm asking for then I suppose I am looking for that, I just wasn't sure.

Do you happen to know why my Predator Sense offers no options whatsoever when I've seen others have entire list of tabs full of settings?
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    Options

That depends on the PC you are using. Some predator PCs are newer and have more features and also using a different version Predator Sense. What options are missing? Have you seen other G6-710s have other options in Predator Sense or it is a different Predator line?

Unfortunately, BIOS modding is the only way to unlock unavailable features like XMP and adjusting the CPU core clocks.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system